We need to address the social media penchant concerning their constant stream of lies and stories aimed solely at creating angst and potential discord; thus, don’t believe everything you hear; and recognize the reality that social media has partnered with illiberal elements to stir up disorder and fear with whatever fake stories they can spread. And the potential impact on personal physical and mental health, according to psychologists, can be very damaging.
So, before we fall for the purposefully created stories which only exist to motivate what the psychologist calls emotional spending, we should back up and THINK. First is the story true or only partially true, what proof do they have and in reality, is it possible that the story has been edited/altered to incite fear and worry. And as many of us already know there is enough evidence to link these scare/worry/fear, false and overblown stories directly to a damaged human psyche. Even if a story is mostly true, we do not have to allow the message to damage our desire to bring our God into the battle to protect us and change outcomes. So, the bottom-line is DON’T BELIEVE IT!
And the solution is to go to God in prayer and ask for help. But first you need to rebuke the EVIL ONE with this prayer: Get thee behind me, you are a defeated foe, and I am washed in the blood of the lamb. Then go to the Lord asking for His help in deflecting the evil one.
This process will have to be sincere and will be detected if not. As an example, when we wake up in the morning, go to the Lord with your fears and doubts of the day.:
Thank you, Lord, for this day. This is the day that you have made, and I will be glad and rejoice in it. Help me this day to fight off the evil one, and to help me achieve your goals for me. For it is in the name of my Lord that I will make it through this day. And end this prayer with: Thank you Lord for your grace and your love and help that others might see You through me. Not because of what I say but because of what I do. AMEN and AMEN.
Many people do not understand that we often allow others too much latitude in planting disordered thoughts in our minds and hearts. Conversely if we focus on Who Jesus was and what He did, and trust Him to help us, it can and will happen through allowing the Holy Spirit to come into our hearts and with whose help we can drive out the existence of fear and get on with your pursuit of happiness.
So, the bottom line is going to God in prayer to develop a process, first, to resist the evil one and second to make room for God through the Holy Spirit to build a new mindset and heart through His love within us.
And the truth of life becomes apparent when we realize that we can, with His help, keep out what we don’t want in our hearts and minds; and in addition, holding on to God’s love as the Holy Spirit makes space for His love in our heart and mind.
If we will focus on God’s processes of love, freedom, and truth and truly be faithful to these realities we will find that the alternatives such as selfish exploitation and the lust for power and control will fall by the wayside.
And here are some aspects and recommendations to get us on the right path: e.g.:
- Learn to worship a God of love while refusing to listen to fear mongering.
- Think and meditate on God’s love. Do you know someone who you can tell is happy to know God? Maybe that could be you.
- Can you identify with an abuse in your past that has affected your mindset today maybe in terms of being told that you are ugly or disgusting. You can reapply the truth and reject these lies and get free of the event that produced these lies, as you know the truth that God does not create any ugly people. Learn to proclaim God’s truth to correct His reality.
- Join the HOHO club: help others help others. It doesn’t have to be a club: just a state of mind.
- Don’t hang around with people who always are angry with others who don’t agree with them.
- Get to know God. Read the bible. Learn to trust God, and do not try to push or force outcomes. Ask God, make a choice, and pray about how your requested solution will reinforce your relationship with God.
- Think about things that are beneficial for your physical and mental welfare, e.g.: adequate sleep, drinking lots of water, exercise both your mind and body regularly, stay away from toxins, and eat a balanced diet.
- Whatever mistakes are made, get rid of guilt as soon as possible, forgive those who have harmed you.
- Do not let anger impede your next steps, as it will create inflammation in your system.
Always keep in mind that love heals, and anger destroys and that zealous people may sound well-intentioned but many times are ill-informed. So always resist the temptation to follow and take the time to think and talk to God.